CMA and the Colorado Division of Reclamation Mining & Safety are pleased to provide information on the upcoming awards programs for coal and non-coal reclamation and safety, Jim Pendleton, and Pollution Prevention.
The awards notices are linked below for your review. Please note that, as in prior years, the awards will be presented at the Pollution Prevention Banquet and Closing Safety and Reclamation Awards Luncheon during the CMA’s 119th National Western Mining Conference & Exhibition on Tuesday, February 21st and Wednesday, February 22, respectively.
Here is what you need to do regarding the awards. Please submit your awards nominations on time, according to the schedule listed in the forms, but also restated below:
Award Submission Deadlines:
- Reclamation Awards for Coal and Hardrock – Friday, November 18th, 2016.
- Safety Awards (based on all criteria other than calendar year incident rate, including individual safety performance) – November 30, 2016
- Safety Awards based on Total Year incident rate – January 13, 2017
- Jim Pendleton Award – Friday, November 18th, 2016.
- Pollution Prevention Award Application – August 31, 2016 (Certification is due between Oct. 31 and Dec. 15th)
Nominations must be submitted to the Division (not to CMA).
Find out more about the conference at www.smeannualconference.com/cma